Looking for a perfect evening snack can be a task at times. Isn’t it? Of course, there are certain common recipes that can be tried out at home. But even that gets boring after a point of time. And you cannot even rely on packaged snacks every day because that could be way too unhealthy. So, how about preparing something delicious at home itself? Yes, Chef Kunal Kapur has shared a quick and easy recipe for mouth-watering suji nuggets. The chef has guaranteed the taste of the dish if you follow these guidelines.
In the caption, Kunal mentioned, “Sooji or Semolina is one of the most versatile ingredients, which is used for a variety of recipes. Aaj ki recipe Sooji Nuggets with Smoked Tomato Chutney hai jiske taste ki guarantee meri hai (I guarantee you the taste of today’s recipe – sooji nugget and smoked tomato chutney)! Filled with flavors, this recipe is apt for breakfast or snacks.”
Also Read: How To Make Dhaba-Style Chana Dal Fry – Recipe By Chef Kunal Kapur
How To Make Suji Nuggets – Recipe By Chef Kunal Kapur:
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Asafoetida – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds (crushed) – half tablespoon
- Coriander (crushed) – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli (chopped) – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger (chopped) – 1.5 tablespoon
- Turmeric – half tablespoon
- Chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Suji – half tablespoon
- Salt as per your taste
- Kasoori Methi powder – one-fourth tablespoon
- Black salt – half tablespoon
- Chaat Masala – half tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – half cup
- Green Chilli, Chopped – 1
- Coriander (chopped) – Handful
- Oil – To fry
For smoky tomato chutney
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Kalonji – half tablespoon
- Cumin (crushed) – 2 tablespoons
- Fennel Seeds – 2 tsp
- Green chilli (chopped) – 1
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato (chopped) – three-fourth cup
- Sugar/Honey – 1.5 tablespoons
- Black salt to taste
- Salt to taste
- Tomato Puree – 1 cup
- Pepper Powder – a big pinch
- Kasoori Methi powder – a pinch
- Water – half cup
- Lemon – half
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Ghee – 1 tsp
1. Heat some oil in a pan. Put asafoetida, cumin seeds, green chilli (chopped), and ginger (chopped) and mix well. Add masalas including turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder.
2. Once the masalas are cooked, add suji. Blend it all very well. In fact, you can increase the flame now and start roasting suji properly. Add salt to taste, kasoori methi powder, black salt, chaat masala.
3. After roasting, start pouring water into it. Remember that you’ve to continuously stir the mixture while adding water. Do this on low flame. You will notice that the suji has soaked all the water. The mixture somewhat starts looking more like upma. But you’ve to let the water dry completely. So much so, that it should look like dough. Empty it on a plate and let it cool.
4. Add boiled and mashed potatoes into it. According to chef Kunal, this humble vegetable will add taste to it and at the same time, add moisture also. This is important because suji may get very dry for the whole preparation. Put salt and add extra green chillies also (this is optional though). Don’t forget to blend some green coriander leaves. That’s it. The mixture doesn’t need any binding agent hereafter. Just make sure there are no lumps of potatoes in the mixture.
5. Keep taking out small portions from the mixture and shape them as nuggets. Chef Kunal stated that you can also freeze these nuggets for about two months. As for now, deep fry the nuggets or you can even shallow fry or air fry whenever you want. Serve them hot with smoky tomato sauce.
6. For the tomato sauce, heat some oil in a pan. Add kalonji, crushed cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chopped green chilli, Kashmiri chilli powder, and chopped tomato. Put some sugar or honey. Mix some black salt, salt, tomato puree, pepper powder, Kasoori methi powder, water, lemon, cinnamon and ghee.
7. For that much-needed smoky flavour, heat a cinnamon stick and put it into a bowl. Add some ghee to it. Place the bowl between the chutney. Cover the lid. This will introduce the smoky flavour to your chutney. Remove the lid after about twenty minutes. Serve the nuggets hot with chutney.
Take a look:
Also Read: This Butter Garlic Goli Idli Recipe By Chef Kunal Kapur Is Everything Yummy
How did you like the recipe? Let us know in the comment section.